Our members are focused on the development and marketing of generic and added value medicines for farm and companion animals. All based in Europe, ensuring local employment. They are present in all EU markets, and the UK. Their product portfolio covers all major and minor animal species.
To find out more about our activities and achievements, see our annual activity reports.
We work together to discuss the generic veterinary medicines policies and share our views and opinions as a joint position that can be communicated to the competent EU and national authorities. Through a range of consultative processes, we facilitate all members’ possibility to become involved, engage, influence and contribute. This has become an important factor for our success.
We are organised in working groups and taskforces where we formulate our common positions.
Our working groups:
- Antimicrobials and antimicrobial resistance
- Regulatory procedures
- Ecotoxicity and ERA
- Safety and efficacy
- Labelling and packaging
- Immunological VMPs
- PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances)
- Parallel trade and distribution
We represent the interests and common objectives of the European marketing authorisation holders (MAHs) of generic veterinary medicines. Our goal is to promote an innovative and dynamic industry in Europe without compromising the quality, safety and efficacy standards. We offer a European platform of services which are of common interest for our members.
We act as a unified voice taking an active role in the EU decision-making process. We participate in policy debates and stakeholder dialogues to raise the profile and to highlight the value of generic veterinary medicines for animal health and society. We promote the responsible use of veterinary medicines to ensure these are used to the benefit of animals according to ONE Health approach.
We work in thematic working groups and task forces to prepare our positions and to contribute to the formulation of the EU legislation. Together, we represent the interests of the generic and added value veterinary industry vis-à-vis the EU and national competent authorities, EMA, CMDv, CVMP, animal production and health organisations, and the media.
We keep our members informed of the European regulatory issues, developments and requirements through regular trainings and organise meetings and seminars to discuss issues that jointly affect our members.
- The only association at EU level that puts generic veterinary medicines front and centre
- Member-driven organisation with full and equal rights for all its members
- We value transparency and collaboration
- Direct involvement in the European policy-making process
- Effective representation on issues impacting the generic veterinary industry community
- Platform for cooperation and partnership with other member companies, particularly through work-sharing and creation of consortia for joint projects
- Timely news and alerts keep you up-to-date on policy developments
- Working groups, task forces and meetings engage in decision-making
- Opportunities for networking
If you are based in Europe and interested in becoming a member, please contact our technical director for more information:
+32 (0)2 401 8795